Friday, April 6, 2007

beautiful

Think. Think contemplatively.
Where would you right now, find the most serenity?
What do you see right now in your mind, where are you traveling right now?
Contemplative,
It's an interesting word.

Let me paint you a picture, I am sitting beside and beneath a waterfall. The sun is shinning, and it's a warmly hot day, perfect for the mist to come down and gently caress my face, almost as if someone is comforting you softly. But wait, no, it's us we are both sitting there, the sun poking holes in the shade, their dance ordained by the winds soft currents. There are butterflies, baby blue, yellow, cherry purple, and monarchs. They don't speak to us, but it's almost as if they are easing us to lie down, lie close and watch the trees sway while being calmed by the gentle thunder of the waterfall up ahead. The moss soft, mountains stretching far, clear blue skies, and rich soil. Time for a sleep, time for a nap, just ease those eyes shut, don't close them fast or you'll wreck the moment, our sentences trailing off into enjoyed silence. We are at peace, life is perfect for these moments, God seems to have come down, life stills, the water has slowed down to a crawl, and then stops. We have fallen asleep, peaceful sleep. Where we can relax and dream about the perfect moments in our lives (if you want you can take that moment now), just like the one that just passed.
Dream if you want for a minute.


What a wonderful world we live in, what an absolutely wonderful world, where we can all get along and live, where we can see beauty if we choose to.


The most beautiful thing I have ever seen, most people think is ugly. The most beautiful thing I have heard of is grotesque, the most wonderful thing I could thank for is appalling.
Yet we live in a world of beauty. The second,

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,

But I do know what to do, I can go after you, and love you, and Cherish you as a person whom God created, who God made in an image like himself, a being who is unique, special and divine, even with all your shortfalls, you have one thing on me, your you. I may not be able to live with you, or have a family with you, but your you and we could be deep, deeper then spouses. You would be as a brother or sister to me, and our relationship pure, pure as gold.
We live in a beautiful world.
It just needs a little light, a little light so people can see it clearly. Perhaps this world is so beautiful that we might, as people, aspire to be beautiful too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The title captures well...truly beautiful.

Your painted picture world is captivating...

kaitlin said...

can i ask you a question?

who's this about? or is this just something you wrote?

just wondering.

-Fish

Anonymous said...

This entry leaves such a vivid image in my mind. You have this gift. It is a gift of writing. I hope that you use this gift to your advantage.

I hope that whomever you wrote this for sees it and knows that it is for them.

Godd bless.

Kelly