Wednesday, October 10, 2007

songs are more then poetry, so much more.

You know what amazes me, the way a lot of bands that would be regarded as being bad or indecent come out with some really amazing things.  One of the best examples of this to me right now is Evanescence, they really come out with thought provoking and challenging lyrics for a lot of their songs.

One good example of this is the song which deals with the guilt of blaming yourself for the pain of separation for a loved one.  It is amazing how artists can be so frank with feelings and emotions.  Songs really can open the door into the workings or a human mind and how we work through things, both the right and wrong ways.

"Lacrymosa"

Out on your own,
Cold and alone again.
Can this be what you really wanted, baby?

Blame it on me,
Set your guilt free.
Nothing can hold you back now.

Now that you're gone,
I feel like myself again.
Grieving the things I can't repair and willing...

To let you blame it on me,
And set your guilt free.
I don't want to hold you back now love.

I can't change who I am.
Not this time, I won't lie to keep you near me.
And in this short life, there's no time to waste on giving up.
My love wasn't enough.

And you can blame it on me,
Just set your guilt free, honey.
I don't want to hold you back now love.

I often find it scary how people can let go of things, and others they can't.  It has been often recorded that a couple who have lived together for most of their lives will sometimes die within a few weeks of each other, the human heart dies along with the one it loves.  A human is more then blood and flesh, we are connected on a deeper way than anything else in this universe, a way that nothing can ever compare too.  In thinking this, who can ever tell how much pain a person goes through when their lover has lost their love for them and they are left alone for years, tormented, living yet dead at the same time.

"My Immortal"

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus]

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lithium is a really good song too.

If you haven't heard it, you should listen to it.

Anonymous said...

Update!!!