Tuesday, July 10, 2007

lonliness, despair, and humanity.

It is an interesting thing, to be left alone for a time, and too much time alone can kill a person.

I have been alone for a few days now, and it has been terrible for me.
I have nothing to do, all the things I found enjoyment in I now detest and find boring.
I don't know what to do with myself.  I am lonely.  I know I will get through this, but it is so hard to just be here and be alone.
Man is not meant to be alone, I can now feel this to the core of myself.  There is so much truth in this statement that it is scary.
Yet, when people are in this house, I find no trouble in not paying attention to them and doing my own thing.  I am not bored and I do not feel lonely.  Just knowing that someone is here in case I need them is a huge thing.  I wonder if it would be better for man to have an enemy instead of being bored, which would be worse?
I think that being completely alone would be worse, you would probably end up killing yourself, or becoming so enveloped and in twined within yourself that to meet someone would be terrible and you might become completely insane because of it.
Why does being around people keep up sane and help us to feel more complete, even if they don't talk to us much.  What is it?
I would venture to say that being in a community is the most important need a human has.  And if this is true then why?  Why can't we be true hermits, sure there are hermits, but even they have to be in contact with other people at times.
Yet I see this whole thing as a complete indication to the human soul.  Without a purpose we have nothing to stay alive, and it is these people who kill themselves.  Suicide normally is a reflection of despair, lack of purpose, and a lack of love (in their perspective).  Without purpose we are nothing.  Yet animals tend to not share this trait.  Yet more, being alone can be communicated by others to us, it is as easy as telling someone that they are not worth your time, separating them into a different class, maybe your the only one in that class...  Maybe your the only one who truly doesn't fit in, and maybe your being told to leave forever.  

To be separated, is death, and that may not mean death of a body, it is death of a soul, and then the body follows suit.  It is true that a mans body withers away when the person inside loses all motivation to live any more.
The homeless people that we see today have no purpose, and we wonder why they do not, it is because we do not see them, we walk by without even looking.

Young Will in grade seven committed suicide because people hated him, Mary did because no one wanted to even look into her eyes.  If only we looked at what our actions really could do to others before we made them.


4 comments:

Minkster: Life Is A Quest said...

Hey Bryce! wow...it's been like eternity since i last talked to you...and even read your posts. I was struck at the point where you talked about when you're being around your family, you don't mind doing your own things. That just made me wonder why...their presence is something we're used to...and we never really care about what they're doing. But i just had this picture in my mind...what if each of them, one by one, started to be faded away right at that moment (literally)...and i was the only one witnessing that...what would i feel? i mean that would be such a horror to me. Then i came to think, do we value less of our loved ones' presence? I sometimes take it as granted..and ignore them. Think about it...family is probably the first place to start with.

Anyway, when are you coming to thailand? i'm sorry i couldn't make it to sarah's wedding. :( Write me if you have time...or if you're bored. I'm still here...ready to hear some news! Miss ya lots.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Magpies are a little unpredictable, and usually pretty demanding.Not really one of my favorites among the center's residents. I think the baby squirrel has claimed that title :)
It is a job that can be hard on the heart...to be honest, thats my only hesitation about going in today..that one of the animals I was caring for wont be there when I go in.
I know there's nothing I can really do about it. But I guess not being there 24/7 will always leave room for wondering if there's something else that I could have done...
gosh...and this coming from someone who wants to get a nursing degree! oh dear...

Being a train conductor sounds like fun. It's one of those jobs that even if you start and after a while realize that you dont really enjoy it, it's still fun to be able to say that you were a train conductor :)
I hope you get to try it out!