Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Gods pain.

Life is a strange thing, why is it so simple, so complicated and normal all at the same time?

Recently I have been thinking about emotional scars. I was just reminded of one that I have a few days ago. And it hit me. Wow God is amazing.
We give each other pain by using, abusing, fighting, betraying etc. These hurts don't go away, and when they heal, they never heal properly, they still show what had happened and those scars can stay for a long time. Years and years after the event. But over time they heal properly, normally, not always. We hurt from these, and they change the way we act around others, we don't want to get more hurt, we have enough to deal with. Here's the interesting thing, rejection and betrayal are the worst, they did like you, but now they don't, or they did like you, but your not good enough now. Simply put they go deep, deeper then most things ever go, and can change your life forever. Sometimes, when someone rejects you, you get mad, and lash out, maybe not, maybe we plan to destroy and hurt back. Maybe we just harbor grudges against them for the rest of our lives. Not with God.
Isn't it amazing that God; steps out, lays out his heart for us, creates us, and loves us, gives us that choice of loving him, then we step away, tell him he's not enough, and run away with is heart. We constantly hurt God, Were hurting him right now, were wishing for the Iphone instead of his love, or were planing how to get a girl instead of asking Gods will. All we mostly seem to do is sidestep God, and carry on. Yet he doesn't lash out, he doesn't take back his heart and wipe us out. He sent His Son, we killed him. He sent his creation, were destroying it. He sent us his friendship, we ate the apple. He created us, we killing ourselves. And it's all a statment of rejection against God, were stabbing him, and we keep pushing the sword deeper. No we won't stop, because were short-term minded stupid people.
Were prideful, enjoyment seeking, selfish beings who should all be burned forever by God's wrath.

We deserve supernatural spite,
were never getting that at all,
instead we'll take a sip of sprite.
Then watch Jill practise bBall.

Were terrible people, but sinners covered by grace some how look like good people who do good things. Thanks be to God for his lacking of Justice, and excess of grace.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The abundant and completely undeserved grace of God was something that my small group discussed last-night. Its a crazy thought that we cannot, nor will ever, be "good enough" or deserving and yet he wont loose his patience with us, or turn his back even though we have the ability to cause him such pain.
I think the wounds we carry that are inflicted by familiar hands can make the extent of God's love more unimaginable, or harder to comprehend, when we know how it feels to receive the pain we can cause.
Wounds cannot be without reason...but then neither can healing...

Minkster: Life Is A Quest said...

i don't know if this will be relevant to what you said, Bryce, but while i was reading, i thought back to last Sunday bible study with the Wongs and other teachers. It was Katie who spoke, and she was talking about "suffering". You probably know the "complimentary colors" (An apology for my spelling). In the color wheel, you find the primary colors and the complimentary colors like green-red, yellow-purple, orange-blue. When these colors are put side by side, it makes us see the true identity of itself. It helps us to appreciate their real colors. And it's the same for "suffering" that comes with "hope".

Well, it's gonna be long talking about the whole thing, which won't probably be relevant to your idea at all. So, i think i'll just stop. But if you have time, just think about the complimentary colors and suffering-hope. lol

Hope you're doing well...

Oh, by the way, i just thought of the song "Your grace is enough" by Chris Tomlin.

EmpathyBot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EmpathyBot said...

Hey Bryce...

Its Sarah from youth group.
I was at school and me and my friend (hi! from kaitlin. or fish.. whichever. :) ) were looking up our friends and I came across this.
I just want to say that once again you gave me alot to think about and I realize that everyday IS a blessing and how much it is taken for granted (Myself included) And so many times I have selfishly asked for stuff and was disappionted with the outcome. I hate that part of me and I have asked for God's help so many times to change. Like Tynan said during the Devotion on friday, about how we act certain ways etc.
Have you ever felt that you had to betray yourself and your feelings just so that you wouldn't hurt another? Or have you ever felt the fear of hurting another because of their past and your own? It is a hard thing to feel. Sometimes when we betray ourselves we also are betraying God. But even in times of uncertinty we have to look to God and ask for guidence.
For even in moments we feel our strongest we are acutally our weakest. And we turn to Him. I have NO clue where I am going with this but yeah..
I just thought that I would give my two cents.
What are you doing this week? Are you busy? If you are not too to busy wanna hang out at my school with me and Kaitlin and Matt?
Let me know if you can.. or just come, either way. I go to Queen Elizabeth. Its on 9425 132 Avenue.
See you friday at youth or maybe earlier this week?
Prayers
Sarah


Kaitlin says:

well hello there! i have no idea who you are or what you do, or what's going on. but i just wanted to say that you are an amazing writer. hmm... what else.. hmm...
i have no idea what to say... yay me! lol i hope that i get a chance someday somewhere down the road to meet you. maybe sarah will bring me to your youth one night... if my youth isn't doing anything. so yesh.

hmm... well, i don't know what to say. so i suppose i'll take off. God Bless.

-Fish