Wednesday, January 3, 2007

purpose

It seems like everyone reefers back to last year for some reason to bring out the new year. The funny thing is that I'm going to do it as well and even though everyone does I will too.

Last year took me through a lot, and half of that stuff was interesting. The other half was not worth anything. It seems that my life is split into three areas. sin, repentance and becoming right with God again. That's what last year was, just circle after circle of that, again and again. So, I'm going to say that last year was a year full or regret, tears, a few times of great joy, and monotony. There was also summer camp which was great.

Yes that was last year.

So why go on? I don't really expect anything very exciting to happen. so why go on?
I'm saved right. so I'm all good if something terrible happens to me and I die. To see God I need to die. Right?

So what keeps us all going?

I think other then the commandment for us to love others and live for God until our time comes there is no reason. Which kind of makes sense when there are so many people working hard to not think about the futility of their work or hobbies... And those that don't find something to keep their minds off it find that they are crazy or depressed. now these are big generalizations and they will stay like that because of course there are exceptions...
The only thing that keeps us going is the love of Jesus both for us and us for him.

I guess that's why we need to start our days and keep our focus on him all the time or we might get caught.


3 comments:

Minkster: Life Is A Quest said...

Hey, Bryce I've been thinking a lot about what reasons we're here on earth lately too. When I was young, I had this crazy endless thought whirling in my head all the time. "Why? Why am I here on earth? Where will I go after I die? And will I ever have acknowledgement of anything after all? What if the world exploded, or some supernatural being just smacked and shook the whole world and everything turned into dust? Where will I be?"..and on..and on..and on. And whenever I started thinking about it, I was distressed.

But since i became a christian, though i still keep thinking about it, it's not endless anymore. At least i know where will i be, and who i'll be with. Just only one point, when. But it doesn't up to me, right? So, as i still don't have a sum to myself, i decided to take my friends' suggestion-enjoy every single moment here with thankfulness and breathe in and breathe out with gratefulness. Then, i'm sure we'd automatically see the real meaning of life, and focus on it daily. Somehow, that's hard to do, ain't it?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Such a side-winding thought...
when I think of the question "why am I here?" what comes to mind is "because God placed me here".

"why am I still living?"..."because it's not time for me to leave yet"....
"why dont I just end it and go home..?"..."same reason I dont kill. I cant give life, thus it is not mine to take."

Life is a gift for sure.
...the sooner I can keep that permanently in mind the more rich life will be, I think.