Thursday, December 21, 2006

life love christ-mass

This season seems to be such a cop-out, I don't even want to know how it got like this, but tomorrow Canadians are supposed to spend 2 billion dollars and 7.5 million of them will be shopping...

Time, doesn't anyone have the time right now? Why do we spend our days building cash flow and getting stuff? Don't we have anything else better to do?

But wait isn't life all about getting stuff and having fun? Isn't the pursuit of happiness the gift of God, to us, for our pleasure, and were supposed to just have fun.

I hate this season and I love it at the same time.... don't you?


So, with that Merry Christ-mass
lets keep it like that, and really focus on the meaning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like to give encouragement/affirmation letters to those around me instead of some pricey gift.
Something I enjoy so much more!

Are you coming to winter camp Bryce?
hope so!

ashleigh.

Michelle said...

I agree. buying is frustrating. I feel the "need" to do it at this time of year, but it just doesn't satisfy. I decided to make presents mostly this year. It feels better this way. I still ended up buying some stuff, but getting the focus off "stuff-getting" made it so much more relaxed and less selfish and better.

I wish capitalism and materialism would just go away.