Saturday, February 24, 2007

hundred years

Laying down to slumber
Will I rise again tomorrow

who can count the stars
who can feel the life inside
other then you, only you
let the mind rest, to sleep

To sleep, quiet, relaxation
the body receives it's rest

the mind battles to be awake
the body gives up in despair
I to rest I to rest forever, no
but my soul will not disagree

If it were only possible today
to sleep a hundred years now

could I, if only today resting it
my mind finding peace for now
and then falling, slipping, quietly
into a hundred years, at peace

taking a leave of absence, hundred
coming again to a different world

relearning how to live, to live life
absence taking a toll and addiction
wanting sleep again, no, needing it
it's powerful escapism, today, now

to sleep a hundred years this day
to never find a peaceful rest again

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm...what a wonderful idea...

aside from the weekend, i havent been able to sleep well for about two weeks. sleeping for a hundred years sounds so possibly blissful.
no thought, no worries, just rest...

how did your birthday go?

it was nice to meet your whole family before we left sunday night. They seemed pretty awesome.

I enjoyed hanging out with you too, thanks for
driving Miss and I around, and just over all making the weekend more fun. :)

ashleigh.