Saturday, February 3, 2007

raceismist

Do you judge me
Do I judge you.

I'm traveling towards the sun
Beauty turned to destruction

Who sees me flying with everything I have
Who can stop me and my flight to chaos

Can I stop myself
Will I stop myself

I am a racist
we are all alone
stuck in our racism
looking for a way to get out
finding ourselves portraying lies
portraying our stereotypes genuinely
I am not willing to step out into the realness
I cannot find the will to break my own stereotype
How do we then stop the deluge of a racial stupidity

We were meant to be something good
we've turned ourselves into a monster

our own selves into machines that kill people
we destroy everyone in our path to conformity
then expectations of people to act differently
the expectations never fulfilling expectations

Life will never be the same
Life will always carry on now


Except the ones who kill themselves
Except the people who jump off of it
Except our friends who are murdered
Except our buddies who fall to them
Except the friends who are blotted out
Except the ones who are thrown away
Except our people who have to run away
Except our friends who live afraid now
Except for the people who are lost now




My society is such a poor place to be
My love for it lies in its empty promise
Of peace, love, joy, happiness, equality
Who am I to stay in such an awful place
How can I accept the things which happen
Without standing out and calling for justice
Who am I to sit and watch the streets flood
People coming from all around calling for blood
Where the people are treated like animals
Where I can not find safety for friends
neighborhoods split by nationality
disparity is the king of all now
we have but one law
do as I say
Now



The streets may not be crawling with people looking for a fight because of their pain. But one day it will happen, and when it does it will be a sad day indeed. Peace to reign, well without God there is never peace. Canada is around 10% Christian, we need a miracle to turn this country back to God. Something bigger then we've ever seen before. Racism is only a start.
What comes next I don't even want to think about.

Remember to Pray for Canada.
And always keep Darfur in your prayers as well.
Remember to pray for sex trafficking.
and always keep armed conflict in your prayers.
Don't forget the poor living ten blocks away from us.

7 comments:

EmpathyBot said...

Wow.. That got me thinking about the racism in my school. Just yesterday I got a taste of how cruel people can be. We were reading a book that is set in china and two guys in my class just started mocking the chinese language and just asian people in general. I was shocked. Then my teacher got really mad and ckicked them out and talked to them. I don't know if they will be back in class on monday or not...
Prayers
-S

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad for neglecting me.
I neglect me too, sometimes.
And I fail to see others around me other times.
So, we'll see eachother.
Thanks for the shoutout.

Anonymous said...

christian blogs are so lame.

Anonymous said...

hey
racism is a part of society and the way of the human mind. it's something as christians that we must fight through are own thoughts to change society this can only be done with christian unity and gods help

Michelle said...

we are so helpless.
i know it's lame, but the Jars of Clay song comes to mind. We are all monsters, but "the ones that are good never do what they could"

we never do what we could. How do we get out of this rut? It's hard to face up to our own flaws, our own inescapable racism and stereotypes. None of us are free from the world that surrounds us. we are all implicated in it.

But don't give up.

big change starts with the littlest changes. So that somedays i think that the little changes are all that really matter.

Change your own heart. That's all that you can do. It's where you have to start

Anonymous said...

Though anonymous is for sure gay, and too much of a pussy to have a screen name to answer the fodder that he may have recieved. He has an excellent point though, Christian blogs to really suck. Their not enjoyable to read, they almost always have the word love in every post. I just realized that it's in the title as well, noting the obvious slaughter of the word. Disgusts me quite feverously actually. Generally when people want to be bored out of their minds, they go to church. Not to some shitty online blog.

Michelle said...

gosh ian.