Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sleeping Rain Drops

The thoughts in my head
slowly, fading away into the night.
My desires are becoming foggy.
My eyes are closing.

A slow musical piece
dripping in the background.
A slow pitter patter
on the window.
It is calling me to bed
waiting patiently for me to surrender
to it's deep soothingly mysterious calls.
To bed, to sleep, to bed, to sleep, bed, sleep.

The lights are dimly glowing
street lights casting through the shades.
Sitting with your friends
deep into the night
making quiet conversations
love and fantasy intertwine to transcending tales.

The rain is starting to fall now
it begins with a drip and a tap
on the window it makes those sounds.
Quiet at first, but turning into a droll
until so quietly absorbed
the conversation fails into a contented silence.

The thoughts are there
the words are lost
to those drips and drops that coax
the soul to quietness.
Thoughts of trust, love, beauty and hope
the silent words persist in their minds
till sleep takes them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your right...communication is more comfortable when it's written sometimes...
Somewhere along the way, I think I've become slightly intimidated by you...it happens when what someones thinking, is something I'm unable to see...I'm sorry. Thats not really fair to you.

We're all insecure in some way.