Monday, April 21, 2008

Stubborn to Move

In the arms of my lover I rest.
Safe and secure I rest today
I have found significance.

My mind wrapped up in you.
Yet you find it better to love
and not think about those things.

Though I sit here wishing to know
why you love me the way that you do.
Sit down and help me understand.

Beckon me, beckon me to sit with you
to be with you and know you
to love you and follow you.

But here I still sit
waiting for you to sit down
and explain to me why you love.

Like the Israelites I sit and wait,
like Icarus I fly to high,
missing the point of life.

Right in front of my eyes.

2 comments:

yeti said...

I like this
I like God too

Minkster: Life Is A Quest said...

Bryce! I miss you so much! More than you know. lol Your writing somehow reflected my thought. I just finished reading Hosea. Yesterday...I was sitting under the velvet sky...and asking Him why does He love me so much? The only answer I got is because He does so. I say there listening to the whisper of the night, the rustling leaves and the crickets...and I knew that He loves me..not through explanation but the heart-met experience. :)